Sunday, August 16, 2009

Shahrukh @ Newark Airport

Let me start by saying that I like Shahrukh ( more as a person than as an actor) . He is smart, a great communicator, suave and knows how to work the crowd. It was sad what happened to him at the Newark Airport( for those who dont know , Shahrukh Khan is a leading Indian actor of Bollywood and holds a similar kind of mass appeal as Tom Hanks or Cruise in Hollywood and he was interrogated by Immigration officials @ Newark Airport for 2 hours ) but having said that I do not think there is anything wrong with it . I think what those people did was absolutely right , I mean do we Indians care about some hot shot from Zimbabwe or Kenya ??? Then how and why do we expect these American Immigration officers to care about him ? It would have been a different issue had they known him, but I would give them benefit of doubt and assume that they had no clue who he is. I think those Immigration officers only did their job and we should not be making a big deal of it .


Just my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment